Every single person knows someone they cared about that has suffered or died from heart disease.
Heart disease (which includes Heart Disease, Stroke and other Cardiovascular Diseases) is the No. 1 cause of death in the United States. Heart disease killed nearly 787,000 people alone in 2011. Let me make an emphatic statement. The current mainstream philosophy on preventing heart disease ignores the foundational reasons for this disease. There are ways to vastly reduce the risk of heart disease. They are not commonly accepted by the traditional health care system.
My personal heart disease studies
My entire life has revolved around the study of nutrition and health. This is why I get frustrated when I know suffering and death could be prevented. The public just needs the correct nutrition information.
Here is a picture of the most honest restaurant I have ever witnessed. They are telling the truth telling about their foods. The Heart Attack Shack is located in East Ridge Tennessee!
The truth about heart health
Fortunately, I have an option for anyone interested in learning the truth about nutrition and heart health.
The truth addresses the diet component of heart health. And more importantly, we address certain nutrition and inflammation issues that can cause heart problems.
The opinions on statin drugs for cholesterol is quite controversial. However, more health professionals are starting to question the safety and effectiveness of these drugs.There are 17 risk factors for Heart Disease. Many will surprise you and some you have never heard about! All are essential to staying alive and healthy. Click To Tweet
Here are the 17 heart health factors you can control naturally.
- Physical inactivity. Sitting all day is literally killing us. We are meant to be moving around most of the day.
- Not enough sleep. Want to know how to get better sleep? Use our method in this downloadable sleep book. One of my favorite new sleep supplements is NAD. You can buy NAD here.
- Stress – meditative practices can help reduce stress if they are practiced consistently. I practice transcendental meditation. Reflective, quiet moments are where brilliant things can happen in our mind…including reducing stress. I use the FREE app insight timer. I suggest trying it for 12 weeks to see if you’re getting benefits from it.
- Depression – “Emotions are the strongest influencer of our future health.” – Ed Jones
- Diabetes – Read more about achieving optimal levels here.
- Inflammation – C Reactive Proteins. Guess what can help? A gut check. Take our detox quiz here.
- Diet – increase your vegetables and protein while decreasing the processed carbs. There’s magic in well grown food with all the great phyto chemicals. Getting more greens could be difficult, and that’s why I use a greens drink every day.
- Being male
- Being postmenopausal
- Family history of heart disease
- Poor diet – you might need more fiber! Here’s our favorite way to naturally add fiber to our diets.
- High blood pressure
- Cholesterol Issues – High LDL cholesterol – You can reduce your LDL cholesterol by tossing the transfats. Garlic and other supplements can also help. Low HDL cholesterol – That’s why Omega 3s are part of our Core 4 supplements we believe every body needs.