Pain Insight - The Path to Recovery
14dec1:00 pm5:00 pmPain Insight - The Path to Recovery
In this dynamic event, Dr. Matt McClanahan and Tyler Orr will help you understand pain in a way you’ve never understood it before. – Expectations: – Attendees can expect to get unbiased
In this dynamic event, Dr. Matt McClanahan and Tyler Orr will help you understand pain in a way you’ve never understood it before.
– Attendees can expect to get unbiased information in the hopes of facilitating a different paradigm for understanding and experiencing their pain.– This will be a largely didactic session, w/ mutlimedia powerpoint presentation.– There will be experiential components including small groups, gentle movement, self-reflection, etc.
– We will have a couple of short breaks to move/stretch and ask questions
– Attendees will leave w/ numerous resources, handouts, and direction for how to further learn and integrate this into their own lives.
– Learn common misconceptions of pain.– Gain understanding on what the latest in neuroscience research says about what causes and perpetuates this experience.– Be able to understand the process of neurosomatic sensitization– Learn how stress and other life circumstances, in past, present, and personality, significantly contribute to this situation.– Learn lifestyle factors and practices that can sensitize and desensitize the system.
– Anyone, ages 16-110 who has had persistent pain of ANY kind (or other associated conditions, such as anxiety, fatigue, headaches, depression, insomnia, IBS, IC, multiple chemical sensitivities, etc).– People who have tried numerous other modalities or lifestyle changes but are still suffering and are motivated to know what they can do.– People who are engaged enough in their health journey to learn why they, or close family/friends, have not improved.– Professionals who are interested in a basic understanding of pain neuroscience
About the Educators:
Tyler Orr is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC/MHSP), National Certified Counselor (NCC), EMDRIA-approved consultant, and professional trainer who teaches EMDR basic trainings for the Personal Transformation Institute, as well as advanced trainings on chronic pain and illness. He offers an interactive, here-and-now, body-centered approach to teaching, consulting, and counseling that integrates mindfulness, nonduality, somatic and attachment focused EMDR, and somatic therapy techniques. Tyler is the owner of the Chattanooga Center for Mind-Body Therapy in Chattanooga, Tennessee, co-founder of the Insight Pain Institute, and creator of Neurosomatic EMDR Therapy for Chronic Pain and Illness.
Dr. Matt McClanahan is an osteopathic physician (Des Moines University, College of Osteopathic Medicine), board certified in both Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Family Medicine (Metro Health Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI), and prior to that received a masters degree in Exercise Physiology (University of Missouri – Columbia). He has received extensive training in prolotherapy through the Hackett Hemwall Patterson Foundation.
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Wellness Corner at Nutrition World
6209 Lee Hwy
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Leave a Comment