Pain Insight - The Path to Recovery
In this dynamic event, Dr. Matt McClanahan and Tyler Orr will help you understand pain in a way you’ve never understood it before. – Expectations: – Attendees can expect to get unbiased
– Attendees can expect to get unbiased information in the hopes of facilitating a different paradigm for understanding and experiencing their pain.– This will be a largely didactic session, w/ mutlimedia powerpoint presentation.– There will be experiential components including small groups, gentle movement, self-reflection, etc.
– We will have a couple of short breaks to move/stretch and ask questions
– Attendees will leave w/ numerous resources, handouts, and direction for how to further learn and integrate this into their own lives.
– Learn common misconceptions of pain.– Gain understanding on what the latest in neuroscience research says about what causes and perpetuates this experience.– Be able to understand the process of neurosomatic sensitization– Learn how stress and other life circumstances, in past, present, and personality, significantly contribute to this situation.– Learn lifestyle factors and practices that can sensitize and desensitize the system.
– Anyone, ages 16-110 who has had persistent pain of ANY kind (or other associated conditions, such as anxiety, fatigue, headaches, depression, insomnia, IBS, IC, multiple chemical sensitivities, etc).– People who have tried numerous other modalities or lifestyle changes but are still suffering and are motivated to know what they can do.– People who are engaged enough in their health journey to learn why they, or close family/friends, have not improved.– Professionals who are interested in a basic understanding of pain neuroscience
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Wellness Corner at Nutrition World
6209 Lee Hwy
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!