In this dynamic event, Dr. Matt McClanahan and Tyler Orr will help you understand pain in a way you've never understood it before. - Expectations: - Attendees can expect to get unbiased
- Attendees can expect to get unbiased information in the hopes of facilitating a different paradigm for understanding and experiencing their pain.- This will be a largely didactic session, w/ mutlimedia powerpoint presentation.- There will be experiential components including small groups, gentle movement, self-reflection, etc.
- We will have a couple of short breaks to move/stretch and ask questions
- Attendees will leave w/ numerous resources, handouts, and direction for how to further learn and integrate this into their own lives.
- Learn common misconceptions of pain.- Gain understanding on what the latest in neuroscience research says about what causes and perpetuates this experience.- Be able to understand the process of neurosomatic sensitization- Learn how stress and other life circumstances, in past, present, and personality, significantly contribute to this situation.- Learn lifestyle factors and practices that can sensitize and desensitize the system.
- Anyone, ages 16-110 who has had persistent pain of ANY kind (or other associated conditions, such as anxiety, fatigue, headaches, depression, insomnia, IBS, IC, multiple chemical sensitivities, etc).- People who have tried numerous other modalities or lifestyle changes but are still suffering and are motivated to know what they can do.- People who are engaged enough in their health journey to learn why they, or close family/friends, have not improved.- Professionals who are interested in a basic understanding of pain neuroscience
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Wellness Corner at Nutrition World
6209 Lee Hwy
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!